Everyone is different and we respect that throughout the booking process. Some people like to browse speakers for hours to determine what they are looking for while others are more direct in their needs. No matter where you fall on this spectrum, we are here to help. You can contact a GBS representative by:
- Phone at (888) 751-7775
- Contact Request Form
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat during normal business hours
In general, here is the speaking process:
1. Potential client reaches out to Great Black Speakers via one of
the channels listed above. It helps to have a general idea of your program or
event and a general budget that you
would like to stay within for a speaker honorarium fee. One of our
representatives will connect with you ASAP to discuss your event and needs in a
2. GBS sends
you a proposal that usually includes 6-8 speakers that we think will fit your
event the best.
client selects 1-3 speakers that you think would be the best fit so that we can
reach out to check their availability.
If none of the speakers are of interest to you (rarely happens), we will be
happy to recommend more.
starts negotiating a fee where everyone comes away satisfied with the
writes up the agreement for all parties to sign. We require a 50% deposit to hold the date of the speaker for
most events. Travel is coordinated between the organization, speaker, and
GBS for the event date.
speaker speaks and everyone is happy.
7. Remaining balance of the event is sent to Great Black Speakers or handed to the speaker immediately after the event.
8. GBS team conducts a wrap-up call with the you, the client.